In episode three, we touch on team dynamics.
As the need grows to become better at being “social” in business, we make the point that there is something to be learnt about the dynamics between people. When people come together, something happens between them that can impact the effectiveness of their collaborative efforts.
In this podcast, we discuss the work of Wilfred Bion, whose descriptions of “what goes on underneath” can help shed some light on some of the mystifying dynamics within groups of human beings.
- Louise Altman’s blog article: 5 Reasons Why Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Psychology for Another 100 Years
- Stages of Group Development Models, featuring Bruce Tuckman’s Forming, Storming, etc
- Harold Jarche article: Build Trust, Embrace Networks, Manage Complexity
- More about Wilfred Bion on Wikipedia
- John Wenger’s article: What’s going on in my team
Download file | iTunes | Duration: 34:39 | Size: 40 MB
Latest posts by John Wenger (see all)
- Sociodrama – Episode 037 - August 16, 2016
- Louise Altman – Episode 036 - May 24, 2016
- Anne McCrossan – Episode 032 - February 9, 2016