In the current working environment this is something that is lost on many. Sure, we work in a team, tasks are delegated between various roles, but individual strengths are not always put to best use. There is a great deal of personal gain involved in any group situation in an working environment.
In many cases the points below is what drive our behaviour, usually subconsciously;
- “How do I make myself look good?”
- “How can I get people to notice me?”
- “How can I garner praise?”
- “How can I get people to like me?”
- “How can I prove I’m valuable?”
Part of re-imagining work is about how we will become more of a ‘WE’ in our workplaces. Less silo-ed, less competitive, more about being helpful to each other, more about being “good auxiliaries” to each other, more about working towards a common purpose, more about how we will devote more of ourselves to a set of co-working capabilities.
This is because what we create together, what we co-create, is far more than the sum of our individual efforts. this is because the situations we face are sometimes beyond our ken and require a kind of co-thinking and co-problem solving to get to the new way of doing things.
- What does it take for us to work as a team?
- How can we create new patterns of inter-relating at work?
- How do we get to WE?
Download file | Stitcher | iTunes | Duration: 41:37 | Size: 57 MB